“Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. ”
Taking full responsibility and charge of your Mental Health? Emotional Wellbeing? Physical Health? Our Surroundings?
Its incredibly interesting watching the mechanics of the human mind. We know deep down the core priorities of nurturing ourselves in order to achieve the best health.
Taking full responsibility is the best gift you can ever give to yourself… Honestly.
When you fully intake this statement, the aftermath is overwhelming. The world around us is forever changing, throwing new opportunities, disasters and hurdles. Just as it will be providing us with intense joy and peace with an array of gifts life can offer.
Here are 5 ways to take that ownership you deserve:
- LET IT GO. – We are hardly in control of the things life throws at us. Its simply a delusion the mind will project to gain a sense of security. In turn this just creates anxiety and worry, therefore fuel the need for control. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t strive for the things you desire, however be mindful of the expectations you may set on the outcome.
- ENJOY THE PROCESS- “Excellence is a continuous process, not an accident.” Ahhhh lets just appreciate where we are! Nothing beautiful in life is created without a process, however intricate or simple. Remember to be in the here and now, here we will always be.
- LOVE THOSE AROUND YOU- Very often, our inner state is affected by our surrounding friendships, family relationships and so on. Learning to be mindful and have healthy relationships is key. (See my Importance of selecting your crowd page!) Yet sometimes the way forward is acceptance. Love those around you for who they are, as they are. Not only for them- for you too!
- TO ME… FROM ME. What was that recent hobby to thought about pursuing? Its common to get lost in work/sleep routine. Jazz things up a bit! Give yourself a one hour slot during your day totally dedicated to you. Whatever you use it for, it will rein the feeling of gaining happiness from outside sources. Feeling dependant on external people and situations as a source of happiness is common, and also another illusion from the mind. Do this for 1 week- you’l have a spring in your step.
- RIDE THE WAVE- Emotions are visitors. They are not part of your identity. Its instinctual, once we feel an emotion we assume the meaning dependant on what the mind labels the situation. Feelings are not factual. They come and go. Master this concept and you will accept your emotions 100%, wherever and whatever you may find yourself greeted with. This in turn, will enable you to take full responsibility for your emotional wellbeing.